The Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin
Supporters and MLS fans revived the “Save the Crew” vibe after the club owners re-branded nearly two weeks ago to drop the “Crew” name. It was announced Wednesday that the “Crew” will be restored. [Massive]/[TS]
- [USSOC] Exclusive pre-sale tickets for the USMNT vs Costa Rica game at Rio Tinto Stadium are now on available to select groups.
- [SocWire] BYU Women land in 17th in the NCAA 2020-21 final coaches poll.
- [MLS] Two Real Salt Lake players made the list of standout players for the league thus far.
- [USAT] New York Red Bulls defender Aaron Long will miss the rest of the season with an Achilles tendon tear.
- [USSP] Seattle Sounders are one MLS Cup win away from being the best MLS dynasty team in history.
- [NWSL] Rose Lavelle has joined OL Reign as an allocated player after playing for Manchester City during the WSL season.
- [WaPo] USL is investigating allegations of racial abuse at Loudon United’s home opening game.
- [NWSL] Sam Mewis has signed with North Carolina Courage after playing for Manchester City during the WSL season.
- [Guardian] Which MLS teams are most watchable (according to British media).
- [Twit] According to one report New York businessman Ted Segal has bought the Houston Dash & Houston Dynamo.
- [ESPN] PRO’s Howard Webb says that VAR is working well in MLS, and other leagues should learn from it.
- [FRS] NBC Sports have named the announcer team that will call the Olympic soccer games this summer.
- [SBI] US International Tyler Adams has returned to the US to rehab after a back injury playing for RB Leipzig.
- [USAT] Saudi Arabia’s soccer federation has asked FIFA for a feasibility study on holding the World Cup every 2 years.
- [Guardian] Following Glasgow Rangers league cup win last week, many Catholic churches were vandalized.
- [FIFA] Four Asian teams are vying for the final two berths in the Futsal World Cup set to begin in Lithuania this September.
- [Guardian] Manchester United co-owner Joel Glazer will meet with fans in aftermath of protests against his family ownership.
- [Balls] A look at the best times when a goalkeeper became the goal-scorer.