Minnesota United comes to town this weekend, and apparently they’re still a bit upset about David Ochoa [MUFC] even though he won’t play this game due to the USMNT call-up. Set the rivalry potential up another notch? Perhaps instead of Wonderwall they need a new theme song: Get Over It - The Eagles.
Onto the news.
- [BigD] Recap of the last game from the perspective of our SBN sister site Big D Soccer.
- [RSL] Photo gallery of the game vs FC Dallas from Real Salt Lake staff member Laura Deardon.
- [MUFC] Preview of the next game vs Minnesota United (from their perspective).
- [Sportico] 15 year old Olivia Moultrie wins restraining order in court allowing her to temporarily play in the NWSL.
- [MLS] Portland Timbers lose Andy Polo for rest of season after injury from horrific tackle vs LA Galaxy.
- [Multiplex] Veteran MLS goalkeeper Brian Rowe has announced his retirement after 13 seasons.
- [MLS] Seattle Sounders are off to their best start in team history, but where do they rank in MLS undefeated starts?
- [Guardian] New York City FC was once home to many well known stars of world soccer such as Frank Lampard, David Villa and Andrea Pirlo, but their priorities have since changed.
- [MLS] Top 5 MLS exports to European teams.
- [SBI] Rumor has it that Inter Miami will finally reveal a pink kit for 2022.
- [USSOC]/[ESPN] Coach Vlatko Andonovski calls in many of the usual suspects for USWNT camp ahead of Summer Series tuneup.
- [USSOC] Upcoming match - Switzerland vs USMNT May 30th, 12 Noon MD on ESPN, Univision and TUDN.
- [ESPN] Manchester United fans were attacked in Gdańsk Poland ahead of the team’s Europa League final match with Villarreal.
- [LAT] Real Madrid’s coach Zinedine Zidane has quit effective Thursday.
- [USAT] A recent FIFA study revealed that 70% of Women’s soccer teams operate at a loss. The NWSL did not share it’s data so was not included in the study.
- [ESPN] UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against the 3 remaining Super League teams.
- [Guardian] Antonio Conte has resigned as coach of Internazionale just weeks after winning the Serie A title over ownership plans to sell players.
- [ESPN] Who are the 21 best Women’s players under age 21?
- [TheScore] City Football Group, owners of Manchester City, NYCFC and 8 other teams around the globe are aiming for domination of world soccer.
- [ESPN] UEFA has fined Zlatan Ibrahimovic €50,000 ($61,000) for violating FIFA’s code of ethics due to investing in a sports betting company.