For a decade or more there has been a growing body of Manchester United fans that want the Glazer family to sell the team. Things came to a head on Sunday as thousands of fans protesting at Old Trafford stadium, caused the game between Man U and Liverpool to be postponed. [ESPN] / [BBC]
Groups broke inside the stadium twice and stormed the pitch, damaging and allegedly stealing property. Retired MU veteran Roy Keane said “fans had reached the tipping point”, while the Guardian calls it an “expression of powerlessness” from fans. Manchester News have provided a timeline of events for the Sunday protests, and a timeline of the Glazer family ownership of the team from Guardian.
- [MLS] A new tradition is born for Real Salt Lake.
- [SBI] Apparently RSL newcomer Rubio Rubin was not aware the Believe chant was sung after every goal.
- [SocWire] BYU and UVU women’s teams were both eliminated from the NCAA D1 playoffs after losing their games.
- [Multiplex] 3 key points from RSL’s win over Sporting Kansas City.
- [MLS] What we learned from Saturday’s games.
- [NWSL] The league has renewed it’s partnership with Parkside Collectibles to expand trading card line.
- [USL] The league has announced a new broadcast partnership with ESPN International to air games in South America, Central America and the Caribbean.
- [Equalizer] Portland Thorns will face NJ/NY Gotham in the 2021 NWSL Challenge Cup final.
- [CBS] Former USMNT and MLS veteran Jesse Marsch has been named as head coach of Red Bull Leipzig in the German Bundesliga.
- [USSOC] Five things to know about the Concacaf Futsal Tournament that starts today.
- [Goal] Inter Milan have clinched the Serie A title for the first time in 11 years, and ending Juventus’ 9 year run.
- [Reuters] A medical inquest has found that Diego Maradona’s care leading up to his death was “deficient and reckless”.
- NWSL: Kansas City vs OL Reign 6 pm on Paramount+.
- CCL Leg 2: Philadelphia Union vs Atlanta United 6:00 pm on FS1 - Philadelphia Union leads 3-0 on aggregate.
- CCL Leg 2: Cruz Azul vs Toronto FC 8:15 pm on FS1 - Cruz Azul leads 3-1 on aggregate.
- CCL Leg 2: Monterrey vs Columbus Crew 6:00 pm on FS2 - 2-2 aggregate.
- CCL Leg 2: Club América vs Portland Timbers 8:15 pm on FS1 - 1-1 aggregate.
- USL-C: Rio Grande FC vs San Diego Loyal 6 pm on ESPN Deportes.