When it was discovered that newcomers Inter Miami broke MLS salary and roster rules with their signing of Blaise Matuidi, MLS said that punishment would be forthcoming. Saturday it was finally revealed the extent - and boy is it a big hit. [MHerald] / [SBI] / [Guardian] / [TheScore]
- Team is fined $2 million for violating league roster rules regarding salary cap / designated players.
- Managing owner Jorge Mas fined $250,000.
- Team sporting director Paul McDonough suspended from MLS activity through 2022.
- TAM reduced to $2,271,250 for 2022-23.
- [RSL] Real Salt Lake vs Minnesota United team recap.
- [Youtube] Highlights RSL vs MNUFC.
- [MLS] RSL vs MNUFC league recap.
- [RSL] The match between Real Monarchs and Hartford Athletic has been postponed due to a positive COVID test result.
- [ORLive] NWSL rejects Portland Thorns discovery claim on 15 year old Olivia Moultrie.
- [UWS] Week 3 roundup of game results.
- [USLC] MLS veteran Miguel Ibarra has signed with San Diego Loyal for the 2021 season.
- [WTR] A feud between Jozy Altidore and Toronto FC coach Chris Armas results in the USMNT striker told he can’t train with the team. (He was also left off the roster on Saturday in loss vs Columbus).
- [ESPN] USMNT give up early lead in 2-1 loss vs Switzerland.
- [SocWire] Elite Academy League expansion announced with 8 conferences across the USA.
- [ESPN] Thierry Henry has joined the Belgium National Team coaching staff for the European Championship Tournament.
- [FIFA] has approved extending the 5-substitute option through December 2022.
- [Guardian] Chelsea FC stun Manchester City to win UEFA Champions League.
- [FIFA] Japan easily cruises through early AFC World Cup Qualification rounds with a 37-0 aggregate score.
- [Guardian] Brentford FC wins promotion to the Premier League for the first time after defeating Swansea in playoff.