The biggest news came out of the Euro 2020 tournament on Saturday when Danish star Christian Eriksen collapsed around the 43rd minute of their game vs Finland. Players immediately waved for medics, who then called for EMT’s. News slowly emerged that Eriksen had suffered a heart attack, and as his teammates provided a privacy curtain the EMTs performed CPR to save his life. The revived Eriksen was transported to the hospital and most recent news is that he is recovering, with further tests in store to discover why it happened. The game resumed (to some controversy) after approximately 90 minutes with Finland pulling out a 1-0 win.
- [RSL] Real Monarchs lost another away game 1-0 vs Rio Grande Valley FC.
- [SLT] Albert Rusnak wants to turn Slovakia snub into a positive for Real Salt Lake.
- [RSL] Second year defender Tate Schmitt has been loaned to USL-C’s Phoenix Rising for the rest of 2021 season.
- [SLT] Bobby Wood acclimating quickly with his new RSL teammates.
- [BDS] A comparison between the best MLS Academies - RSL puts up good numbers, but the data is incomplete.
- [Equalizer] (paywall) What we know about NWSL’s new expansion team in San Diego.
- [NWSL] OL Reign and Seattle Sounders have announced a historic double-header vs both rivals Portland Thorns and Portland Timbers on on August 29th. It will be the first double-header for the Cascadia rivalry.
- [BR] The top 7 MLS Defender of the Year candidates for 2021 so far.
- [SSD] A proposed 7,500 seat stadium in Fresno for Fuego FC hits a snag.
- [SocWire] MLS Next expansion for 2021-22 season reaches 24 new teams.
- [FH] A possible new crest for New England Revolution has been leaked...
- [Concacaf] Gold Cup final tickets in Las Vegas sell out in 90 minutes.
- [SBI] Sam Mewis provided a late winning goal for the NWSL vs Portugal.
- [USSP] US Soccer HOF names 4 new inductees, and a change in former voting methods.
- [90Min] MLS Commissioner Don Garber believes that Concacaf can reach the level of UEFA.