FIFA has slapped another fine on Mexico for fans using their infamous homophobic chant during Olympic Qualifiers, but this time it also comes with a 2-game ban with no fans allowed. It also comes with a warning that they could lose hosting rights for the 2026 World Cup if it continues.
- [SocWire] Several of Utah Royals Academy teams have made the national Girls Academy Playoffs.
- [SocWire] UofU’s new head coach Hideki Nakada has named his technical staff.
- [TGAM] / [Calgary] / [MLS] Real Salt Lake 3-1 Vancouver Whitecaps - game recap.
- [RSL] Real Monarchs lose at home 1-2 vs El Paso.
- [SBI] Friday game scoreboard & Recap. Here is [SBI] Saturday & Sunday’s results. Or you can get them all combined from [MLS].
- [TheScore] Barcelona striker Antoine Griezmann intends to play in MLS after his current contract expires in 2024.
- [USL] League owners and executives will hold their annual meeting in San Antonio TX on July 20-21.
- [FRS] It may be 25 years late, but Peacock will stream the USWNT 1996 Olympic Final victory on July 16th. An hour special will also be shown reuniting many of the ‘96 teammates.
- [ASN] USMNT coach Gregg Berhlter has named the provisional 60-man roster for the Gold Cup (2 RSL players are included). It will be pared down to 23 players in the coming weeks.
- [USSOC] The USWNT beat Nigeria 2-0 to christen the new MLS stadium in Austin TX.
- [Guardian] Black Players For Change celebrate first anniversary.
- [CFC] Is the third time the charm? Chicago Fire FC unveil their new crest - again!
- [Balls] / [CFC] Christian Eriksen has been discharged from the hospital.
- [Goal] UEFA has dropped an investigation into Germany’s rainbow team captain armband in honor of pride month.
- [CBS] / [Multiplex] Euro 2020 Power Rankings after the 2nd round.
- [NBC] 10 things learned after the 2nd round of Euro 2020.
- [Goal] With a win over Wales on Sunday, Italy has tied their 30 game unbeaten streak.
- [Concacaf] A historical precedent was set after 2 women served as the center referee in two separate World Cup Qualifying games.