Details are finally official. MLS is launching a new D2 league in 2022 which will include all of the current MLS 2nd teams by 2023. The new league is intended to bridge the gap between the new MLS Next academy teams, and the first division teams. Details on logo and inaugural clubs will be announced later this year.
- [VWC] Vancouver Whitecaps praise Salt Lake as a passionate soccer city.
- [SAH] Seattle Sounders traditional March to the Match returned for the first time in over a year for the game vs Real Salt Lake.
- [RSL] Nick Besler is finally becoming a strong player for RSL.
- [MLS] Recap: Seattle 2-1 RSL
- [AJC] / [90Min] Atlanta United head coach Gabriel Heinze was been suspended from Wednesday’s game vs New York City FC due to yellow card accumulation.
- [SSD] Columbus Crew opens their new training facility.
- [MLS] One observation for each team following Week 8 games (last weekend).
- [USSP] It’s still status quo for new teams in MLS.
- [USL] 38 USL players from 23 teams have been selected for Concacaf Gold Cup rosters.
- [USAT] A Japanese player for Washington Spirit, Kumi Yokoyama came out last Sunday as being transgender.
- [SSD] Ted Segal’s purchase of Houston Dynamo is finally complete and official.
- [USSOC] USWNT head coach Vlatko Andonovski has announced the roster for the upcoming Olympic Games.
- [FRS] Some interesting facts and trivia about the USWNT roster selections.
- [TheScore] Cristiano Ronaldo tied the men’s record for the most international goals.
- [NBC] / [CBS] Euro 2020 have reached the knockout rounds. Here’s the group stage details, the upcoming schedule and odds for each team.
- [CBS] Manchester City have put in a large starting bid for Harry Kane, but Tottenham Hotspur isn’t blinking.
- [Concacaf] Costa Rica has named Luis Fernando Suarez as head coach of it’s men’s team.