Racism continues to plague English Soccer as fans booed England taking a knee before match vs. Romania. A Tory MP has further announced that he will boycott games in response to the players actions. England’s Coach Gareth Southgate stood behind the players saying that the fans don’t understand the message.
It’s been a nice break, but personally I’m ready to watch more soccer games!
- [USSP] Real Salt Lake one of few MLS teams to make moves as transfer window closes.
- [SLT] Vancouver Whitecaps will allow fans to attend games at Rio Tinto Stadium through July. Capacity capped at 2,000, but may rise depending on demand.
- [MLS] When can fans expect RSL’s new arrivals to start playing?
- [TSB] Rio Tinto Stadium seeing revenue boost from contactless payment system for food vendors.
- [USL] United Soccer Leagues announced a partnership with Women In Soccer to increase opportunities for Women.
- [MLS] LA Galaxy defender Derrick Williams has been suspended an additional 5 games by the Disciplinary Committee for a bad foul on Portland Timbers’ Andy Polo on May 22nd.
- [USLC] John Pascarella, coach for OKC Energy has left the team. Asst. Coach Leigh Veidman named interim coach as the search begins for a replacement.
- [SocWire] Future MLS expansion side Charlotte FC signed Leicester City defender Christian Fuchs for their inaugural season.
- [NWSL] Orlando Pride forward Alex Morgan named Player of the Month for May.
- [MLS] Former England head coach Roy Hodgson is interested in coming to MLS.
When you see the keeper off his line pic.twitter.com/EtRbbG9SPa— B/R Football (@brfootball) June 6, 2021
(NYRB2 would lose the match 7-0)
- [Multiplex] What we learned from the USMNT 1-0 win over Honduras.
- [USSOC] Quiz time! Name the players who scored goals vs Mexico since 1990.
- [WaPo] Jordan Siebatcheu, the goalscorer vs Honduras is a player to watch on the USMNT.
- [ESPN] England edged out Romania 1-0 in the final tune-up friendly before the Euro 202 tournament begins.
- [TheScore] Canada puts 7 goals past Aruba in Concacaf World Cup qualifying.
- [Outsports] Mexico has a problem that needs correcting. Fans chanting homophobic slurs cannot be tolerated. [FRS] Mexico goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa has asked fans to stop the chants before Concacaf and FIFA issue sanctions.