The Lionel Messi saga is hopefully over as he has officially signed with Paris Saint Germain in the French Ligue 1 on a 2 year contract. He will wear the #30 jersey, which was his original number when he started at Barcelona. He joins a team already stocked with star players, and has set his immediate sights on winning the Champions League title.
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [MLS] RSL earned a “B” grade for acquisitions during the MLS summer transfer window.
- [RSL] Q&A with coach Freddy Juarez at the team’s season midpoint.
- [RSL] Monarchs goalkeeper Jeff Dewsnup makes USL history as the youngest keeper to earn a clean sheet after last week’s shutout of San Diego Loyal.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [90Min] Coach Peter Vermes takes the blame for Sporting Kansas City’s 6-1 loss to Club Leon in the first game of Leagues Cup.
- [NWSL] Commissioner Lisa Baird discusses the state of the League, expansion and other topics in a mid-seaon press update.
- [SI][USAT] NWSL’s Washington Spirit have suspended their head coach Richie Burke after allegations of verbal abuse of players.
- [90Min] Seattle Sounders cruised to a 3-0 win over Tigres UANL in Leagues Cup play.
- [USSP] Why one-club players are rarer than you may believe.
- [DSS] Early reports indicate that Seattle Sounders asst. coach Gonzalo Pineda is set to become the new head coach for Atlanta United.
- [FRS][SocWire] The US Men’s Soccer squad has been named for the upcoming Beach Soccer World Cup.
- [Goal] Former USWNT goalkeeper Hope Solo alleges that team doctors routinely handed out anti-anxiety drugs.
- [NWSL] US Soccer, NWSL and NWSLPA will hold a free “B” license course for 24 current and former NWSL players.