Former German international and Bayern Munich scoring legend Gerd Muller has died at age 75. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in 2015, and has spent the last several years in a specialized care facility. He was on the German National Team when it won the 1974 World Cup and fueled Bayern Munich to it’s 1967 and 1972 Euro Championship wins. Muller scored a record 566 goals in 607 matches for Bayern Munich, and 68 goals in 62 caps for West Germany. He ended his career in the USA from 1979-81 where he played in the NASL for Ft. Lauderdale Strikers before retiring in 1982 and returning to Germany.
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [MLS] Recap RSL 1-0 Austin FC.
- [MLS] “It’s absolutely ridiculous”: Josh Wolff maligns calls in Austin FC’s loss at RSL
- [YT] HIGHLIGHTS: Real Salt Lake vs. Austin FC | August 14, 2021
- [TPT] David Ochoa opens up on his decision to play for the Mexican National Team.
- [SocWire] The US Youth Soccer National League has announced the list of teams that will participate in it’s inaugural season, including many from Utah.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [90Min] Carlos Vela and Chicharito will highlight the All Star roster for the Skills Challenge.
- [90Min] What can Atlanta United fans expect from their new coach Gonzalo Pineda?
- [FIFA][FRS][SSFC] USMNT moves into the top 10 of FIFA rankings with dramatic Gold Cup and Nations Cup wins.
- [SI] Will 2021-22 transfers allow key USMNT players to play key roles home and abroad?
- [SBI] Predicting the 2021 USMNT World Cup qualifying squad.