Barcelona has released Lionel Messi! Club president Joan Laporta reports on the financial ruin that led to letting Lionel Messi go. The news sent shockwaves through Spanish soccer fans, and many others world-wide. Messi gave a tearful farewell message to Barcelona fans. Since the news broke there has been speculation on where he will land, the latest rumors would indicate that Paris Saint Germain made the best offer so far. Now the real questions are being asked, can Barcelona and La Liga survive without their biggest financial draw?
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [SocWire] UVU Women’s team signs 4 players for upcoming season.
- [POR] Portland Timbers vs RSL recap (Timbers view).
- [RSL] Portland Timbers vs RSL recap (RSL view).
- [RSL] Real Monarchs get first away win of the season vs San Diego Loyal.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [MLS]/[WaPo] There was an unexpected pitch invader in the FC Cincinnati vs Orlando City game on Saturday, a 2 year old child wanting to help out his team.
- [90Min] FC Cincinnati part ways with club GM Gerard Nijkamp.
- [Goal] With a shocking 3rd place finish at the Olympics, and World Cup qualifying coming up for the USWNT, is it time to bring in the younger generation of players?
- [SBI] Reports indicate that a deal with Werder Bremen will send US International Josh Sargent to newly EPL promoted Norwich City.