USMNT players return from international duty a bit worse for wear. Christian Pulisic received an ankle injury, and is out for the next three Chelsea FC games. Josh Sargent picked up a hamstring strain and sat out last weekend’s game for Norwich. Gio Reyna picked up a hamstring injury vs El Salvador and will be sidelined for Borussia Dortmund an unknown number of games. It is hoped they will all be recovered in time for the next USMNT World Cup qualifying games in October.
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [USSP] RSL plays past distractions to remain in playoff contention.
- [SLT] Damir Kreilach has secured his status as one of of RSL’s legendary players.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [MLS] Playoff dates and format has been announced. All games will be single elimination.
- [CBS] Washington Spirit was forced to forfeit Saturday’s match vs OL Reign due to an outbreak of Covid within the team.
- [NSWL] Nationwide Insurance and the NWSL have announced a partnership with a new Community Impact Award of $20,000 to be given to one team’s chosen partner at the end of the season.
- [USL] 100 USL team coaches and administrators to receive LGBTQ+ inclusivity and Anti-Racism training through the Forever Proud Project and United Against Racism Commitment.
- [ESPN] Christen Press will take some time off from playing to focus on mental health, spiritual growth, and processing grief.
- [SSFC] The USMNT fought back from a one goal deficit to win 4-1 vs Honduras.
- [TheScore] US Soccer president Cindy Parlow Cone hopes to equalize USMNT/USWNT World Cup payments to settle the ongoing lawsuit brought by the women’s team players.
- [USSP] Andi Sullivan, Sophia Smith and Mallory Pugh called up to the USWNT camp for the September friendly matches vs Paraguay.