- The USWNT returns to the field for the first time since taking the bronze medal at the Tokyo Olympics in a two-match set against Paraguay. The first match will be tonight at FirstEnergy Stadium in Cleveland (5:30 p.m. MT tonight on ESPN2). Following tonight’s match the USWNT will move to newly opened TQL Stadium in Cincinnati (7:30 p.m. ET on FS1 and TUDN) on Tuesday, Septemver 21 for the concluding match. These two matches will be the final international appearances for Carli Lloyd who will retire following the conclusion of the 2021 NWSL season.
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [MLSNEXT] [RSL] Following victories over Real Colorado and losses to Los Angeles Football Club on the road, the RSL Academy U17 and defending MLS NEXT Cup Champion U15 continue the 2020-21 MLS NEXT season at home on Saturday. The U15 kick off against Seattle FC U15 at 9:00 AM and the U17 follow at 11:00 AM on Field 2.
- [RSL] Real Monarchs sign 17-year-old forward Yekeson Subah from RSL Academy following his three goal performance in a 6-0 victory against Spider FC in the 2021 United Premier Soccer League. He is the fourth academy player to be signed this season.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [USSP] Las Vegas is an expansion case that is hard to ignore.
- [USSP] CONCACAF Champions League 2nd leg set on Wednesday for Philadelphia Union vs Club America who have a 2 goal aggregate from the 1st leg.
- [NWSLSoccer] Deloitte becomes Official Professional Services Provider to NWSL and will provide assistance with development of their 10-year strategic plan.
- [NPR] [ESPN] [TheAthletic] US Soccer continues media blitz in effort to force U.S. National Soccer Team Players Association and U.S. Women’s National Team Players Association into working with each other to resolve equal pay issues and move CBAs forward.
- [TheScore] UEFA Champions League returned for 2021 with Match Day 1 on Tuesday and Wednesday. Here is one preview.
- [CBSSports] UEFA Champions League Match Day 1 finished with wins by Chelsea, Juventus and Bayern Munich. Manchester United upset by Young Boys.
- [Reutir] Ireland becomes the latest nation to have equal pay for both Men’s and Women’s national soccer teams.
- [BBC] Female players from Afghanistan’s junior national soccer team have crossed the border into Pakistan and will seek asylum.
- [ESPN] Messi still No. 1 in FIFA 22 players rankings as Ronaldo drops out of top two.