It’s been just a couple short days since Real Salt Lake last played a match, and with the march of another one coming so soon, it’s time to take a look at our injuries, because frankly, they’re pretty extensive. Worryingly extensive, even.
Question marks over ...
- Aaron Herrera might be out, owing to an apparent non-COVID illness. or perhaps an injury setback. It’s a good reminder that COVID is not the only way a player can get sick. At any rate, he missed Wednesday’s match, and I would not be surprised if he missed this one, too. He did make the injury report from the club this time around.
- Andrew Brody is almost certainly still seeking fitness after suffering a broken toe and a subsequent surgery. It sounds like he’s on the up-and-up.
- Noah Powder is probably out, given he’s now missed two games for what was deemed a. “precautionary” reason.
- Zack Farnsworth is still out, and I haven’t heard a timetable on his return. He was signed from the academy injured, so hopefully the club knows what they’re doing.
- Zac MacMath is out after surgery; while the club has listed him as ‘questionable’ for this match, I don’t expect to see him through the remainder of the season.
- Jeizon Ramirez is definitely out, because at last recollection, he’s still on the Injured List, which is a roster designation, and he’ll probably stay there through the end of the season. He has, however, graduated from the injury report, which is good news for him, presumably.
- Marcelo Silva is out after suffering an injury in RSL’s midweek victory over San Jose.
- Bobby Wood is out, as he’s still gaining fitness. Hopefully his illness subsides soon.
On yellow card warning ...
- Justin Meram
- Albert Rusnak
- Donny Toia
Suspended after two yellows
- Aaron Herrera
- Damir Kreilach