The UK Government has issued sanctions on Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich. An exception was granted allowing the team to continue to operate, but under heavy restrictions. The EPL has given the team until the end of March to find a new owner. The current team manager Thomas Tuchel says he will stick with the team: “There’s no doubt I stay until the end of the season,” he said in an interview after the team won on Sunday.
Over 200 people / groups are interested, with the front-runners bidding around £2 - £2.5 billion. The cut off date for bids ends on Tuesday.
REAL SALT LAKE / UTAH
- [SLT][MLS][LWOS] New England Revolution vs RSL recap.
- [90M][MLS][TBM] 2021 MLS MVP Carlos Gil and his teammates had something to say about the conditions in Saturday’s game, but coach Bruce Arena was more realistic.
- [MLS] RSL coach Pablo Mastroeni waxes philosophic in comments after the game.
MLS / USL / NWSL
- [USSP] USL-C kicked off it’s final year with any MLS 2 teams. The USL president talks about future plans.
- [CBS] Is Kansas City Current poised to make a competitive leap in the NWSL?
- [FSOM][SI] LigaMX hands down punishment on Queretaro for last week’s riot.
- [USSP] What will LigaMX look like after the Queretaro incident.
- [Guardian] Chelsea FC situation highlights the rotten state of football ownership.
- [FIFA] A delegation from Amnesty International will meet with FIFA officials to discuss human rights violations in Qatar before the World Cup.